Sunday 23 October 2011

Three scrap meets

It sure has been busy here for the past week. Besides preparing scrap pages for three scrap meets, I managed to make a start with camp preparation to take place next month.  So far I have prepared some photos and page layout ideas to about ten pages.  Still got alot to go and I probably work on this project while the girls are at school this week.

On Tuesday I went to the craft store like I do weekly to have our weekly scrap meet with other ladies. Only another two showed up to casually scrap with me on one table. I decided to make a start with Rachel's school albums with this year's photos. I know one of the other ladies was working on her life as I have seen some of her pages. It was interesting to see what our past history was like before I was born.  I wasn't sure what the other lady was doing.  She doesn't really say much or show her work. Her visits to sit and scrap with us intends to be only a short term on some weeks.  She lost her son in the Bali Bombing eight years ago so this month wasn't really the best month for her to go and socialize with other people.  Also there were another two ladies to do a two hour workshop on a different table.

On Wednesday we had our monthly workshop at the consultant's home.  It was quite a full house as twelve ladies showed up to do a different layout idea.  It was a page layout idea to look more like some form of present.  You use either four or less photos on one page but you leave a small gap in between each square.

Yesterday I was back at the same house for another workshop but only five of us were there to do a different layout, using only white papers and embellishments and the new border maker system for the borders.  The challenge was to add only one verb to the page.  The layout I done of the school fete was great!  And I plan on getting this layout done at the camp with more formal photos in an album.

No comments:

Post a Comment