Tuesday 12 November 2013

Needlework projects

For a long time I have done some knitting and crochet but in general only simple things.  It was my Nanna whom taught me to knit the basics.  When I was in high school studying Home Economics, that is when I taught abit more then the basics to knit and crochet.  In high school I knitted a straight forward pattern of a blue vest and a granny square cushion cover in multiple colours.  I don't know what happened to vest but I think my mother still has the cushion cover in the linen cupboard.

At present time I am crocheting granny squares to join up to make a blanket from using old scrap wool.  At start I thought I was going to make a small blanket for the cats to sleep on but turns out there was more squares made to fit a single bed.  Currently I am half way through the project now.  Most of the time I have been crocheting at night while watching my reality shows. 

This morning I came across this pattern I would simply love to try out but the problem is I have trouble understanding the instructions.  It's too coded for me!!  I learn better when someone shows me on how to do it.   

Crocheted Cuddy Kittens  


Note.. Example made using the pink and rose instead of the baby blue and true blue.
      
This Pretty Pattern looks just like rows of kittens.
It's easy and quick to make.
Size 38” by 44' before fringing
Materials: knitting weight worsted yarn:
16 oz White
12 oz Baby Blue
8 oz True Blue
Size H aluminum crochet hook (or size required for gauge)
Gauge
5 Shells = 7"
Gauge Note: Each shell = (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc).
Instructions
With Baby Blue, ch 139 loosely.
Row 1 (right side): Dc in 4th ch from hook. Dc in next ch sk 2 chs, work beg shell over next 2 chs as follows: 2 Dc in next ch, ch 1, 2 Dc in next ch (beg shell made). * Sk 3 chs, work beg shell over next 2 chs (as before); rep from * to last 5 chs; sk 2 chs, Dc in each of last 3 chs = 26 shells.
Row 2: Ch 3, turn; Dc in each of next 2 Dc, * work (2 Dc, ch 1, 2 Dc) in ch-1 sp of next shell (shell made); rep from * to last 2 Dc, dc in each of last 2 dc; dc in top of ch-3, changing to White.  (TO Change colors: Work dc until 2 lps rem on hook, finish off color being used, leave approx 4" end for weaving in now or later.  With new color (leave approx 4" end) YO and draw through 2 lps on hook = color changed.)
Row 3: With white, ch 3, turn; dc in each of next 2 dc, work puff st (abbreviated PS) in sp before first shell in 2nd Row below as follows; Work (YO and insert hook in space before first shell in 2nd Row below (1. Hook yarn and draw up a long loop to height of working Row) 4 times. (9 loops now on hook. 2. YO and draw through first 8 loops on hook then YO and draw through rem 2 loops on hook = PS made. *  Work a shell in ch-1 sp of each shell  (in working Row), Work PS in next SP between Shells in 2nd Row below; rep
from  *  to last shell; work a shell in ch-1 sp of last shell, work PS in sp after last shell in 2nd Row below; dc in each of last 2dc (in working Row), dc in top of ch-3 = 27 PS.
Row 4: Ch 3, turn; dc in each of next 2 dc, * sk PS, work shell in
Ch-1 sp of next shell; rep from * to last PS; sk last PS, dc in each of last 2 dc, dc in top of ch-3 = 26 shells.
Row 5: Rep Row 2, changing to True Blue in last dc.
Rows 6 and 7: With True blue, rep rows 3 and 4.
ROW 8: With True Blue, rep Row 2, changing to white in last dc.
ROM 9 and 10: With white, rep Rows 3 and 4.
Row 11: With White, rep Row2, changing to Baby Blue in last dc.
Rows 12 and 13: With Baby Blue rep Rows 3 and 4.
Row 14: With Baby Blue, rep Row 2, changing to white in last dc.
Rep Rows 3 through 14, 4 times more; then rep rows 3 through 13 once more. (You should now have 2 rows of Baby Blue at top edge)
Finish off and weave in all ends.
FRINGE Both short edges.  Cut 12' strands of Baby Blue. (Or color of your choice)  Use 2 strands for each knot.  Tie one knot in every Other st across edge.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment