Friday 27 June 2014

Creative months

Two months have passed and what busy time I had with paper crafting.  I continue attending to CTMH workshops with now five consultants.  One consultant has weekly meets at her home which I attend every Tuesday.  It's an hours drive from Brisbane but it's worth the trip as these ladies are a friendly brunch. Also a yummy hot lunch is included!! Other consultants have not so often workshops each month or bi-monthly. 

Last week I attended to the big launch party (as it was my first time) to see what the company is all about.  About 100 ladies attended with alot of consultants.  There were three ladies I knew from other craft areas I happened to see and we briefly had a catch up. The only disappointment was no supper was provided (not that I could see with a room full of people and products) and only one simple card was made in such a short time.

Also I went back to my old stamp club as a regular member again last month.  We have two meets per month and lately we had either guests from other craft businesses coming in to show their product range to sell or demo on making something.  Other meets have been make and take classes where we had one card or off the page project to complete. There will be an all day meet in July to celebrate Christmas in July.

And lastly I have been re introduced back to Stampin' Up. It's another US based company that originally started as selling stamps but now they are branched out to other crafting areas. I had met one consultant who has card classes twice a month during a week night. The first meet I attended was on Monday night.  We had 9 cards to make in 3 hours.  Six of us ladies did the challenge in less then 3 hours.  Two ladies each make 1 design of three and continue the same pattern with other two designs at the same big table.  If there were any problems we just had the consultant to help us.  But most of us had experience in stamping so it wasn't really a problem to create by ourselves.

This Saturday afternoon I plan on attending to a launch party for Stampin' Up.  New products are coming out and also some make and take classes are happening.  Hopefully it will be alot better then CTMH had earlier this month.  

I had heard through the grapevine Kassazz had a similar party too at one venue but it wasn't really well organised at this event.  I am so glad I didn't go afterall to this company's launch. 

Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment